Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Circles on water damaged monitor?

Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 05 May 2019 09:36:36 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 04 May 2019 23:20:51 +0100, 2987pl wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Sat, 04 May 2019 22:17:53 +0100, 2987pl
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Sat, 04 May 2019 19:38:56 +0100, Tekkie®
wrote:
trader_4 posted for all of us...

On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 3:43:55 PM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey
wrote:
I'm interested as to how this happened:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/elnf9fysu2...rcles.JPG?dl=0
Perfectly formed circles, after the monitor got wet (ok, my
cat "scented" it, which I assume is salty water) - why the
circles? I can't believe the "water" physically spread that
evenly. And I'm unaware of any connection in an LCD monitor
activating a circle - wouldn't I short out a horizontal band
or something?

Very weird, especially how they are such perfect circles. You
wouldn't think
urine would even penetrate an LCD screen. But I guess the
bottom line is
you're hosed.

In more ways then one

It's why cats aren't the dominant species on the planet. Using
urine to mark territory, ffs.

Their paws don't do flags and fences too well.

There aren't enough of them to require territory.

And yes their paws suck. You should see them trying to get a bit
of food out of the edge of a dish.

They work well for running up the vertical trunk of a tree tho.

They don't work well for running up me. They end up getting flung
across the room when their claws ends up through my skin.

Like I did say, you are a bully.

So you'd just allow a cat to tear your skin off?

I don't have a ****ing cat and never will do.