Posted to alt.electronics,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Circles on water damaged monitor?

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news

news On Sat, 04 May 2019 01:00:53 +0100, 2987pl wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Fri, 03 May 2019 22:22:01 +0100, Mike

I'm interested as to how this happened:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/elnf9fysu2...rcles.JPG?dl=0
Perfectly formed circles, after the monitor got wet (ok, my cat
"scented" it, which I assume is salty water) - why the circles?
can't
believe the "water" physically spread that evenly. And I'm
unaware
of
any connection in an LCD monitor activating a circle - wouldn't
short
out a horizontal band or something?
Dig out your polarized sunglasses and see if you learn anything.
Might have damaged the front polarizer.

I don't have sunglasses.

Is the polarizer replaceable? I can find a few people selling the
film
replace it, but I'm not sure how easy it is or if it's worth the
bother.
A couple of Youtube videos on changing one make it look like a
work
of
art.

It still seems strange I'm getting very accurate circles.
Although
they're gradually expanding, and not always exactly circular. One
now
looks like a pacman shape, and another has little scrape marks
next
it.

Likely just some quirk of the plastic that produces that unusual
effect
with
****.

So you don't know then.

When I find out which cat did it, it's in big trouble.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-en...ondon-35363991

Good luck getting everyone registered.

It's the dogs that get registered, stupid.

I rephrase for you, pedant:
"Good luck getting everyone to register their dog."

Don't need to get everyone to register their dog to
be able to work out which dog owner didn't pick up
their dog's turd most of the time.

If I don't register my dog, how can the **** be traced to my dog?

I meant that most will register their dogs and so the **** of most
dogs can be traced by to their owner.

Goody two shoes that register their dogs will already be cleaning up their
****.

Don't believe that and plenty of those fools hang the
bag with the dog **** in it on a tree or something,
even worse than leaving it on the ground.

It's as daft as speedbumps, those that bother slowing down for them were
already obeying the speed limit.

I don't.

Speeders like me ignore them and bounce over them.

And get to pay for the repairs to their cars.

Even easier for you to work out which of your cats did it
given that even you don't actually have a hundred cats yet.

I use a camera and know what each cat looks like.

But dna is easier to do after the event. Its unlikely that you
will have the cat caught in the act of ****ing on the monitor.

The camera runs continuously and has motion detection, so it doesn't use
up the memory for a month.

Sure, but you are very unlikely to have the camera
pointing at where that cat chooses to ****.