Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default When did this earthing last meet standards?

On Saturday, 4 May 2019 17:38:35 UTC+1, Scott wrote:
On Sat, 4 May 2019 17:29:41 +0100, ARW
wrote:
On 03/05/2019 22:06, John Rumm wrote:

I am not convinced about the T&E into the Henley - I can only see tails
of various sizes. The T&E you can see just looks like that pair of them
above the board clipped to the wall continuing down.

I can't see where those slimmer tails from the henley go either.

I don't think that "slimmer" is the correct word.

If the meter tails are 25mm and double insulated (although I suspect
that they are 16mm) a simple comparison of od diameter from the photo
says that the "slimmer" cables are "seriously under sized".

Does it matter if earthing cables are undersized? They will only be
used very occasionally and for short periods of time.

In Rodney's case no. For the rest of us yes, though the risk is not great.

NT