Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Will this capacitor work?

On 2019/05/04 8:03 a.m., Dallas wrote:

Hi guys, the motor run capacitor for my rolling shutters tubular motor
died. The cap case size is 35mm x 78mm and this is critical because it
must fit inside the motor enclosure. I've looked at hundreds of 20 µF
capacitors and they all were at least 40mm diameter (too wide). Then I
found a capacitor that is 25mm x 56.5mm. This is tiny and I'm thinking
it must be too good to be true. Can you help me decide if this
capacitor will run this motor? The printing on the original capacitor
is:
Arcotronic €“ (purchased by KEMET)
Part Number C.87.7ZF2 MKP
20 µF +/-5% b
320 V~ HPF N
560-8/A1
(In the USA voltage is 120 volts)
(out of production for years, none available)
And the data sheet for the prospective new little one:
https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2755239.pdf

Do you have any photos of your rollup door? I'm wondering if it is the
same make as my old 1970s vintage door on my midway rifle gallery game.

I've put a few pictures of my door motor he

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o74oeoers...thIOVXXia?dl=0

John :-#)#