Posted to alt.electronics,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Circles on water damaged monitor?

On Sat, 04 May 2019 21:22:06 +0100, 2987pl wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 04 May 2019 01:00:53 +0100, 2987pl wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Fri, 03 May 2019 22:22:01 +0100, Mike wrote:

I'm interested as to how this happened:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/elnf9fysu2...rcles.JPG?dl=0
Perfectly formed circles, after the monitor got wet (ok, my cat
"scented" it, which I assume is salty water) - why the circles? I
can't
believe the "water" physically spread that evenly. And I'm unaware of
any connection in an LCD monitor activating a circle - wouldn't I
short
out a horizontal band or something?
Dig out your polarized sunglasses and see if you learn anything.
Might have damaged the front polarizer.

I don't have sunglasses.

Is the polarizer replaceable? I can find a few people selling the film
replace it, but I'm not sure how easy it is or if it's worth the bother.
A couple of Youtube videos on changing one make it look like a work of
art.

It still seems strange I'm getting very accurate circles. Although
they're gradually expanding, and not always exactly circular. One now
looks like a pacman shape, and another has little scrape marks next to
it.

Likely just some quirk of the plastic that produces that unusual effect
with
****.

So you don't know then.

When I find out which cat did it, it's in big trouble.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-en...ondon-35363991

Good luck getting everyone registered.

It's the dogs that get registered, stupid.

I rephrase for you, pedant:
"Good luck getting everyone to register their dog."