Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Installation of 3kw instantaneous handwash water heater...

On 04/05/2019 18:28, Jim K.. wrote:
ARW Wrote in message:
On 04/05/2019 17:39, Jim K.. wrote:
ARW Wrote in message:
On 04/05/2019 16:56, Jim K.. wrote:
Looking into fitting one of these at the far end of the house
where the run from hot water tank is excessive.

Found a 3kw one that looks ok.

Plumbing shouldn't be a problem.

Elecs - thinking 13a plugs are nono, so a spur to a FCU from a
nearby socket should do? Double pole switch?

Electrically, what do I need to check (& how) before proceeding?
Perhaps make sure the socket I would be spurring from is on a
circuit protected by a 32A breaker?
RCD "required"?

Er... Any other pointers please?

Just the one.

A undersink water heater is a lot better

eg

https://www.screwfix.com/p/3kw-15ltr/2371g

depending on your intended use.

Mmm don't think I need 15 litres to wash me pandies?! (Plus the £
spent keeping it hot)...

Kettle and washing up bowl?

Urine? C'mon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InR7tip2Izk