Posted to alt.electronics,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Circles on water damaged monitor?

On Sat, 04 May 2019 19:15:01 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote:

Perfectly formed circles, after the monitor got wet (ok, my cat
"scented"
it, which I assume is salty water) - why the circles? I can't
believe the
"water" physically spread that evenly.

Yeah, never seen water do that.

There are many layers within an LCD (individually they have strange
optical properties) some of them have a textured matte finish, I could
see that allowing liquid to "wick" between layers in a circular pattern.

But would it really be a PERFECT circle?