Posted to uk.d-i-y
TimW TimW is offline

Default Kitchen units advice please

On 03/05/2019 18:29, David wrote:
Not for the kitchen but for the home office (or junk room).

It does look pretty straightforward; a straight run of work surface
roughly 2,400 mm across the room with two pan drawer units under, one at
each end. Then a tall wall unit to one side of the window.

The base units, though, come with feet to raise the work surface to
standing level of about 900 mm off the floor.

I would like minimalist feet (just enough twiddle to level the units) to
keep the desk top at around 750 mm off the floor.

Any issues with this (for instance that they don't do little feet)?

The first supplier we are looking at is Benchmark, (where I should be able
to get trade prices through my Travis Perkins trade account).
Has anyone any experience of them, good or bad?

Really you need to retain a plinth / kick space and have a shortened
cabinet. You might be able to just cut 150mm off the top of the unit
(off the parts before you assemble it). You would then need the drawers
configured as 2 pan drawers plus a shallow one on top, and you would use
just the two deep ones. You might find carcases that size sold as
bathroom cabinets, or bedroom.

TW