Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Just mounted & static balanced my 30th tire in about five years -saving over $400

On Saturday, May 4, 2019 at 12:16:35 PM UTC-4, Arlen G. Holder wrote:
On Sat, 4 May 2019 20:17:55 +1000, Xeno wrote:

Seen it in new cars under factory warranty - when warranty was 12/12
and/or 12/20.

Hi Xeno,

I'm allergic to bull****, Xeno.

Kids talk about Santa Claus all the time, Xeno, as if he exists
o Where their beliefs are (just as yours are), based on their "experience".

Is the end result just what I predicted from you Xeno, after all?

Can you, or can you not cite a _single_ reliable reference that backs up
your claims, Xeno?

I can claim I climbed mount everest, Xeno.
o In fact, I can claim I climbed mount everest just last week, Xeno,
o Without oxygen
o And in sneakers.

Those claims are just as reliable as your claims, Xeno.
o Which is to say that they're not.

Wow, what BS and false comparison. Xeno spent a lot of time giving an
excellent explanation of the physics involved, it's not some fairy tale.

Just like kids own imaginary belief systems on how the Easter Bunny works
o You appear to own an imaginary belief system backed up by 0 facts

The fact is that people who own completely imaginary belief systems
always fail the simplest of the simplest of simple adult tests.

Name just _one_ reliable cite that backs up your beliefs, Xeno.
o Name just one

That's a foolish challenge to issue. Do you really think there isn't even
ONE reliable source, eg tire manufacturers or auto authorities, that say
that tires should be dynamically balanced? Really?
I'll give you one. Michelin

https://www.michelinman.com/US/en/help/faq.html

Should my tires be balanced?

Proper balancing is critical for optimal vehicle performance, especially at today's higher highway speeds. When tire and wheel assemblies are unbalanced, a vibration can result from wheel and assembly shimmy (shaking from side to side) or wheel assembly tramp (tire and wheel hopping up and down). Therefore, it is important that these assemblies are in both static and dynamic balance

And just for you:

Can I mount my own tire on the wheel?

Never try to mount your own tires. Tire mounting is a job for the people who have the proper equipment and experience. If you try to do it yourself, you run the risk of serious injury to yourself as well as possible damage to the tire and rim.

Try Google, they are there by the dozens.