Posted to alt.electronics,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Circles on water damaged monitor?

On Sat, 04 May 2019 00:58:18 +0100, Frank "frank wrote:

I'm interested as to how this happened:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/elnf9fysu2...rcles.JPG?dl=0
Perfectly formed circles, after the monitor got wet (ok, my cat
"scented" it, which I assume is salty water) - why the circles? I can't
believe the "water" physically spread that evenly. And I'm unaware of
any connection in an LCD monitor activating a circle - wouldn't I short
out a horizontal band or something?

Looks like you are not the first to have this problem:

https://www.overclock.net/forum/44-m...r-problem.html

Others mention similar cat problems.

I like the advice "upgrade from a cat to a dog". Trouble is you have to walk them.

I find most cats are trainable. If you get angry enough, they eventually stop doing things.