Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Realistic claims for solar pv

On Friday, 3 May 2019 21:58:58 UTC+1, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 03/05/2019 07:50, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 2 May 2019 21:49:55 UTC+1, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 01/05/2019 07:24, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 April 2019 21:19:55 UTC+1, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 30/04/2019 19:12, harry wrote:
Drivel.
The wind blows all the time. It just moves about. Maters are improving as the East West grid is built up.

Tell me Harry, why don't we use sailing ships any more?

Andy

The same reason.
Because the wind moves about ****-fer brains.
I obviously am dense, if rather better mannered than you.

If the wind blows all the time why don't we use sailing ships?

(BTW I race small boats. Every decent Wednesday in the summer. Yesterday
I went to the pub instead)

Andy

Yes, you ARE dense. And your comprehension is poor. There was probably excellent sailing off the coast of Norway at that time. Or even Ireland

Surprised your knowledge of how our weather is driven is so limited.

Let's suppose there was decent wind off the coast of Norway at the time.

How would that help a ship in the Channel?

Or a windfarm there for that matter...

And IAC someone posted upthread a map of light winds over the whole of
Western Europe.

As you don't seem to get the hint I'll tell you - the reason why they
"shed their sails like autumn leaves at the turning of the wheel" is
that a steam ship can run to a schedule, which no sailing ship can manage.

Andy

The project is not about "helping wind farms."
It's about generating electricity wherever the wind is blowing and transporting it to where needed.

The main problem is the low utilisation factor.