Posted to alt.electronics,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
2987pl 2987pl is offline

Default Circles on water damaged monitor?

Bugger, thought the phucker might have hanged himself.

Commander Kinsey wrote

I'm interested as to how this happened:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/elnf9fysu2...rcles.JPG?dl=0

Yeah, me too.

Perfectly formed circles, after the monitor got wet (ok, my cat "scented"
it, which I assume is salty water) - why the circles? I can't believe the
"water" physically spread that evenly.

Yeah, never seen water do that.

And I'm unaware of any connection in an LCD monitor activating a circle

True.

wouldn't I short out a horizontal band or something?

More likely its actually the backlight that's been affected. Not sure how
they are wired, but I still can't see how there could be anything circular.