Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Circles on water damaged monitor?

On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 3:43:55 PM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I'm interested as to how this happened:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/elnf9fysu2...rcles.JPG?dl=0
Perfectly formed circles, after the monitor got wet (ok, my cat "scented" it, which I assume is salty water) - why the circles? I can't believe the "water" physically spread that evenly. And I'm unaware of any connection in an LCD monitor activating a circle - wouldn't I short out a horizontal band or something?

Very weird, especially how they are such perfect circles. You wouldn't think
urine would even penetrate an LCD screen. But I guess the bottom line is
you're hosed.