Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default When did this earthing last meet standards?

On 03/05/2019 16:30, wrote:
Looking round a house (with a kitchen refit done in 2013 and a boiler
in 2010...) and came across some bare wire earths

https://flic.kr/p/2fGbsTq

We need a slightly wider angle shot to get a more complete picture. I
can't quite see where that new green/yellow cable comes into the earth
terminal from - it could be the main TN-S connection to the incoming
supply sheath.

Other than the incomer and new meter, the rest of it is fairly old. The
equipotential bonding looks poor (although on the bright side there
probably is some). The main earth connection to the CU looks fairly
poor, although its probably adequate to meet expected disconnection
times on the main circuits (even if not for a fault in the CU itself).

I am not convinced about the T&E into the Henley - I can only see tails
of various sizes. The T&E you can see just looks like that pair of them
above the board clipped to the wall continuing down.

I can't see where those slimmer tails from the henley go either.

--
Cheers,

John.