Default washing machine water temperature

On 3 Mar 2004 14:50:36 -0800, (jeff) wrote:

wrote in message . ..
On 2 Mar 2004 19:33:41 -0800,
(jeff) wrote:

Use a thermometer to test the temp of the incoming water in your
washer. Hot water should be close to 120-140 degrees F. Warm water
fill should be 100 degrees F. Cold water is approx 60-80 degrees F.
What happens in a cold climate location is the cold water temp drops
as the outside temps drops

How does one do this with a front-loader washer?

blue wrote in message ...
I've got a Neptune front-load washer, and when the washer is filling it
runs through the soap/bleach/softener dispenser on the top to clear out
the soap and keep the dispenser clean. One could easily stick a
thermometer in there. I don't know if other front-loaders are similar.

The Neptune is easy as blue mentioned, the Frigidaire style won't fill
with the dispensor door open and may be one of the harder ones to
check....you would have to place the thermomter probe inside the
dispensor drawer, or test the water inside the tubs. Many of the front
loads have the ATC ( Automatic Temp Control ) to adjust the water temp
on there own.

I've got the Frigidaire Gallery, and I tend to use the ATC settings
when I run it, thanks for reminding me about that.