Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Question re loft water tank, plumbing

On 01/05/2019 12:37, AnthonyL wrote:
However I've just had to turn the water off and its very handy to
still have the toilet flush refill and a basin to wash my hands.

We've had an upstairs bathroom fitted, and the old (only) downstairs
bathroom converted into a shower.

I made sure the upstairs cold is straight off the (softened) mains, so
we can clean our teeth. (I wouldn't drink much of it).

The downstairs, OTOH, is all fed from the tank. So we can flush the
toilet, wash hands, and not confuse the shower's TRV with vastly
different pressures even when the mains water is off.

Andy