Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] stephenten@tesco.net is offline

Default When did this earthing last meet standards?

The name plate on top of the wood board is readable as Cambridge electricity supply company which according to https://discovery.nationalarchives.g...ails/c/F176409 dates it between 1892 and 1948.

So I would date the bare earth wires to between the above years.

I personally would update the earth bonding and also I would check for lead water pipes and also for steel gas pipes which are prone to corrosion.

The consumer unit is of the rewireable cart type which is of a later date but clearly does not have MCB or RCD or RCBO devices.

I would also consider replacing the consumer unit.

The Henley block also wants checking as some of the twin and earth cables may have been wired into the Henley block rather than via the consumer unit.