Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Kitchen units advice please

On 03/05/2019 18:29, David wrote:
Not for the kitchen but for the home office (or junk room).

FWIW, I made the mistake of buying a really cheap kitchen carcase on
eBay, for a wall mounted cupboard. I could almost see the chipboard
woodchips through the white "laminate".

It does look pretty straightforward; a straight run of work surface
roughly 2,400 mm across the room with two pan drawer units under, one at
each end. Then a tall wall unit to one side of the window.

The base units, though, come with feet to raise the work surface to
standing level of about 900 mm off the floor.

I would like minimalist feet (just enough twiddle to level the units) to
keep the desk top at around 750 mm off the floor.

Folks normally stand in a kitchen, but ...

Have some forward overhang off the top if you do intend to sit at them,
so your knees can go somewhere underneath. Having some greater depth is
useful for large PC cases etc..

--
Adrian C