Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Just mounted & static balanced my 30th tire in about five years - saving over $400

"Xeno" wrote in message
On 2/5/19 3:53 am, Rod Speed wrote:

"sms" wrote in message
On 4/29/2019 1:48 AM, Arlen G. Holder wrote:
UPDATE:

Today I mounted & static balanced my 30th tire in about five years,
where
each time I do this easy job, I learn new tricks to make it even
easier.

Avoid static balancing at all cost.

Thats overstate, its better than nothing.

On a modern car it's a waste of time.

Sure, but not something that needs to be avoided at all costs.
It can be better than nothing if say you are in the wilds of africa
or my country and there is no proper balancing available and it
will be a while till you can get to where proper balancing is available.