Cina

Default Contacting contractor to buy our house? (Long)

John Willis wrote:

Talk with the contractor. Don't mention the dogs or anything about the
house itself since the contractor is buying the lot, not the
structures on it.

Figure what you might reasonably get from selling the house through a
realtor. Knock 10 to 15 percent off that to figure what your share of
the proceeds might be if you sold through a realtor. For example, if
you sold the house for $350,000.00 you could realistically expect to
see only about $315,000.00 (possibly less) since selling through a
realtor can eat up about ten percent (or more) of the proceeds of the
sale.

See if the contractor is interested in your property at $325,000.00.
That builds in negotiation room. In your position of needing to sell
soon, if you have an interested, serious buyer, it is worth something
to you to sell sooner rather than later, so being willing to drop down
to the $310,000.00 to $300,000.00 range would go a long way to getting
the deal done.

Good advice, thank you. I don't have much else to add... you've
explained it fairly well.

Cina