Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Realistic claims for solar pv

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
And you really blame that on green nimbies?

No I blame our loss of expertise in large scale nuclear power plant on
that. Pretty much like I said above.

As far as I am aware, we don't have a long and industrious history of
solar panel production or wind turbine production. Hence like any other
manufactured product, you buy it from whoever makes it at a price you
are willing to pay.

Quite. At one time the UK would have been in the forefront of new
technology like that. But not since manufacture or anything not software
based became a dirty word.

Its frequently the nature of any advanced economy, labour prices,
business taxes, energy costs etc here are too high to make manufacturing
cost competitive unless you are talking about very high tech, high
precision stuff. However that does not stop us selling the design
expertise, or systems integration etc.

--
Cheers,

John.