Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Question re loft water tank, plumbing

On Wednesday, 1 May 2019 14:59:43 UTC+1, George Miles wrote:
Is a pressure reducing valve a good idea on direct mains water to sinks, does it mean less drips from taps?

Some visitors dont tighten mine far enough

George

On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 10:02:30 PM UTC+1, ss wrote:
I am refurbishing the bathroom but getting a plumber to disconnect water
, I will then tile walls & floor remove sanitry ware and replace.
plumber has said that the only thing the loft water tank is feeding is
the cold water for the bathroom sink as I have a combi boiler (mains feed)
So, he is going to bypass the loft water tank and make it obsolete.
Does this sound the correct thing to do?

On large water systems on large sites PRVs are often fitted to reduce pressure to the absolute minimum. This reduces losses from any (underground)leaks and also reduces usage.