Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Just mounted & static balanced my 30th tire in about five years -saving over $400

On Thursday, May 2, 2019 at 9:42:45 AM UTC-4, wrote:
its a DIY group

the guy likes to DIY his tires

more power to him.

is this really something we need to argue about

I don't care if he likes to DIY tires. I do care when he makes posts
attributing things to me that I never said. I simply said that it makes
no sense to me to change tires at home when you can get them mounted AND
dynamically balanced at Costco for $15. He turned that into a post
where he claimed, or strongly implied, that I had said
that the best procedure is to mount your tires at home, static balance
them, then go to Costco for dynamic balance if needed. And then he
made a post, replying to me, about some $2 charge at Costco, as if I'm
involved in that, when IDK what he's even talking about.