Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Realistic claims for solar pv

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
scribeth thus
In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
Here's one for starters at the moment 3 GW solar, **** all wind and 55%
of the UK power is from fossil Gas, so what are you going to do to
replace that with a non fossil carbon supply???

Why has it got to be all or nothing, Tony? We don't run generating plants
flat out 24/7 now, do we?

Yes we do when they are on line else there're not that efficient.

Anyway thats beside the point. Right this moment the UK demand is 37 GW
most of that is from Gas at 21.4GW coal is nil wind is .77 GW, solar is
fading down for the day at 1.5 GW the rest a max of imports and storage
and nuclear.

So what's to replace the 21.4 GW of Gas Dave?...

--
Tony Sayer