Posted to uk.d-i-y
George Miles George Miles is offline

Default Question re loft water tank, plumbing

Is a pressure reducing valve a good idea on direct mains water to sinks, does it mean less drips from taps?

Some visitors dont tighten mine far enough

George

On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 10:02:30 PM UTC+1, ss wrote:
I am refurbishing the bathroom but getting a plumber to disconnect water
, I will then tile walls & floor remove sanitry ware and replace.
plumber has said that the only thing the loft water tank is feeding is
the cold water for the bathroom sink as I have a combi boiler (mains feed)
So, he is going to bypass the loft water tank and make it obsolete.
Does this sound the correct thing to do?