Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Realistic claims for solar pv

On Tuesday, 30 April 2019 12:28:16 UTC+1, Pancho wrote:
On 30/04/2019 12:15, tony sayer wrote:

Well right now. 30/4 at 12:14 not that sunny today Gridwatch is
reporting 6.31 GW 16% which is a fair chunk of the UK demand..

At 12:14...

The problem with solar in the UK is that it doesn't generate power when
we need it most.

I'm still having mega problems understanding why we can't deliver
nuclear more cost effectively. It seem we should be able to do that and
keep both TNP and the global warming crowd happy. A reliable base load
give us much more scope for load balancing via smart devices.

Nobody has a viable/economic solution to dispose of the nuclear waste.