Posted to rec.woodworking
Jerry Osage[_2_] Jerry Osage[_2_] is offline

Default Review: General 15-250 Dual Drum Sander, 24" (long post)

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 06:18:21 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 6:25:06 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
(Jerry Osage) wrote:

Here is the TinyURL
https://tinyurl.com/y6oto8yl or, if that frightens you
here is the whole thing.

http://www.general.ca/pdf/machines/15_sander/15-250_ENG.pdf

FIFY

I adjusted the drums as directed in the manual but the right side of the rear drum will not adjust any higher
As now I can’t get the front drum to touch the material without cranking the feed table too high and stall the feed table.

Any tips ?
Thx Jim

OK - things were working - the front drum was touching the material - then
you started making adjustments - and - now you can’t get the front drum to
touch the material without cranking the feed table up too high and stalling
the feed table belt because the rear drum is too low.

Why were you adjusting the rear drum?

To be of much help we will need more of the story
--
Jerry O.