Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pancho Pancho is offline

Default Realistic claims for solar pv

On 30/04/2019 14:29, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 12:28:13 +0100, Pancho wrote:

The problem with solar in the UK is that it doesn't generate power when
we need it most.

That's if you are obsessed about PV solar (which conveniently is also the
only solar you can sell to the grid).

Now if it was a case about being *serious* about solar, rather than a
greenwashed ponzi scheme, you'd be using solar panels to directly heat
water and then keep that stored in your hot tank for used whenever - thus
reducing your gas/electric consumption.

The point is in the UK we use most energy in the winter.

So yes piping hot water in the summer. I don't know about you but I
spend very little on hot water.

Solar power is an excellent idea, but not in the UK.

The point I find irritating is that I'm not seeing sensible energy
policy from anyone important.

A bit like Brexit, politicians would rather twiddle their thumbs than
make a good long term decision that would cause problems for them in the
short term.