Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Building a veg plot irrigation system.....

In message ,
writes
On Monday, 29 April 2019 22:57:41 UTC+1, wrote:

I now have a water supply via 22mm PEX pipe to the corner of my veg
plot with a John Guest 22mm stopvalve the end of it.

I've been looking at various options for setting up an irrigation
system for the veg plot to connect to my water stopvalve.

I looked at the black piping kits from Hozelock with all the drippers
and soaking hoses. They seem expensive for what they are.

It then struck me it might be more cost effective to use Hep2o or
flomasta PEX pipe and fittings particularly as all the Tees and elbows
and pipe stiffeners can be re-used again from year to year.

I could also put in isolating valves for each veg row so when out of
season, turn the water off for that veg row etc,

I could either:

(a) use a row of 15mm tees & reduce down to 10mm for individual pots
along the pipe run

unnecessarily large

(b) even put a stop end on the end of a 15mm pipe run and drill 3mm
holes at regular intervals and place along a row of veg to water rows
of veg.

too large

Anyone been down this route before and got any comment to make?

S.

Long long ago. Expect jet blockages. Water in hoses freezes, you need a
method to handle that. These days I'd be tempted to use a few weep
holes & let it drain itself, after checking that it did.

There is lots of commercially available *oozy hose*. Some are flat when
not under pressure so presumably frost proof.

--
Tim Lamb