Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plastic checkout bag bans are bull****

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 16:08:26 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

posted for all of us...

On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 20:28:29 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/28/2019 8:08 PM, wrote:
One quick trip to the store, 2 meals, some snacks and some dog food.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Plastic%20bags.jpg

Feel good legislation. Biggest problem is many people are slobs and you
see the bags on the side of the road, etc. I never put a bag in the
trash unless is is to wrap something messy. They are either recycled or
get a secondary use. I find them to be very handy.

I pick up plastic bags all the time in the river but they aren't all
"checkout" bags. There are ice bags (lots of them), produce bags,
various packaging plastic along what makes up most of the trash, cans,
bottles, cups, other styrofoam (probably the big winner by volume) and
then strange stuff.
We pick up everything.
The reward is I will never have to buy another cushion, life vest,
small cooler, gas can, drywall bucket or fender ... ever. Want some?
;-)

Fender??? For what car? Did you find the rest of the car? Did it have a
body? I can see the other stuff but a fender??? No tires?

Boat fender
https://www.westmarine.com/boat-fenders
If people knew how to tie a decent knot or would just pull them in
when they are underway they would not lose them but I find them
stuffed up in the mangroves all the time.