Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] rmlaws54@gmail.com is offline

Default Stone houses.

On Tuesday, 23 April 2019 17:27:23 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article ,
harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 April 2019 15:52:12 UTC+1, Clive Arthur wrote:
Thinking of moving to west Cornwall. I'm used to old brick built houses
here, but there they're mainly old stone houses. We'd be looking at a
terrace to start until we can sell here.

One we saw had a downstairs fireplace intact but the upstairs fireplace
removed. The hearthstone was still there but someone appears to have
stolen the chimney breast, though the chimney is still on the roof.

Here, I'd be very concerned, but the agent seemed to think it was quite
normal. What witchcraft is this, does it mean that the flues are
incorporated into the thickness of the wall and there was no chimney
breast?

Also, brick terraces can be quite noisy, side to side. Should I expect
that a stone terrace is better in this respect?

Cornwall- think Radon.

everybody in Cormwall is killed of by radiation? I think not.

Not everyone: I think the figure is that about 1000 people a year die from lung cancer caused by radon in the home in the UK.

Robert