Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default rewind

In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
wrote:
Is the OP talking about shoving the brake piston back into its
housing, as one might do when changing pads? I've always just levered
them, rather than using special tools. I wasn't aware that they
should rotate in a particular direction as they move.

Some have wierd grooves which require them to be 'turned in' as it
were. You can't just push them in like 'ordinary' disk brake pistons.

That's because they may not be the actual hydraulic piston at all. Part of
a mechanism linked to that piston. Usually because of a handbrake.

--
*Bigamy is having one wife too many - monogamy is the same

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.