Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Plastic checkout bag bans are bull****

On 04/28/2019 06:08 PM, wrote:
One quick trip to the store, 2 meals, some snacks and some dog food.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Plastic%20bags.jpg

My trip yielded a loaf of bread in a plastic bag, 5 roma tomatoes in a
plastic bag, 4 yams in a plastic bag, 2 bunches of radishes in a plastic
bad, a couple of handfuls of mushrooms in a plastic bag. But the real
winner was:

https://www.earthboundfarm.com/produ...ic-spring-mix/

I like their products and I've never had a problem with the help
****ting in my salad greens but the irony is it comes in a honking big
PETE box. At least they are aware of the problem.

https://www.earthboundfarm.com/organ...tic-we-do-too/

All of that went into two plastic shopping bags.

Another market I go to has paper bags for the mushrooms. I don't know if
that is any more earth friendly but mushrooms don't do well in plastic bags.

I have a collection of reusable shopping bags that I use for everything
from range bags to luggage. The problem comes from remembering to bring
one with me when I'm doing the grocery shopping.