Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default rewind

On 28/04/2019 19:56, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... explained :
Oh well just have to have a go...got all the tools...

https://images.app.goo.gl/bcCAvwFhQfUoBjpD8

think ford are clockwise rewind????

Yes, from memory clockwise - push whilst turning..

With the proper tool - as shown in that link - you don't have to push,
as rotating the handle rotates the head of the tool and screws it
forward at the same time.

As for direction. I have done them on Rover, Ford, Nissan and Vauxhall
and they have all been clockwise. I can be sure of that, as I only have
a clockwise version of the tool to do it and haven't encountered an
anti-clockwise version yet.

SteveW