Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Hob and oven switch(es)

On 28/04/2019 19:07, R D S wrote:
Currently our hob is on a cooker switch on 4mm cable, and the oven is on
the other side of the room on a 13A plug (although rated at 16A).

The oven is moving nearer the hob, and i'm going to get a 13A induction
hob so some questions..

I'm thinking of putting them both on the 4mm, that's OK isn't it (29A)?
On the same switch, or a switch each?
Do I need 4mm to the appliances? or is 2.5 OK?
Can I mount the switches in the side of the tall unit the oven is to be
fitted into or does it have to go in the wall?

My oven and hob are in/on an island unit so the switches cant be on a
wall and I put them in the cupboard above the oven.