Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default New boiler in a council house

I strongly suspect this is the result of outsourcing. It happening
everywhere and there are so many little companies sub contracted to do bits
and pieces and the old council data is long lost. Corporate amnesia has set
in as the council helpdesk people are on minimum term contracts of 3 months
and likely not to be there when the **** hits the fan in any case.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"ARW" wrote in message
The gf's boiler was condemned when it was serviced.

First of all the asbestos test "needs" to be done.

Council "We need to have an asbestos test done"
Gf "Why?"
Council "In case there is any asbestos"
Gf "There was no asbestos when you did the last test 13 years ago"
Council "You still need to have one done"
Gf "Why?"
Council "I just has to be done"
Gf "If it had no asbestos 13 years ago it will not have any now"
Council "It's the law"

Gf then points out that she has had no hot water or central heating

Council then send her a fan heater and tell her to use the immersion
heater.

Gf points out that there is no flex between the immersion switch and the
immersion heater.

Council sends out an electrician to sort this out.

Gf then calls me to see if the council electrician can have a bit of heat
resistant flex from my van as he has not got any.

Three days later a smug ******* turns up in an Audi to take asbestos
samples and looks at her existing asbestos report that says there is no
asbestos.

Council fail to call gf to say what is happening with a replacement
boiler.

Gf calls council and is told that it will be fitted before the 30th May.

I know that it's about her time of the month and some poor sod at the
council is going to get a loud phone call on Monday morning.

--
Adam