Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Converting from electromagnetic to electronic ballast in fluorescent light

To be honest the other week when cleaning out the muck from an old Thorne
fitting it seems to me that the wiring was nothing special at all. If the
ballast gets hot then its not working properly.
Of course this is just common sense talking here, and we all know that
standards are written with a completely different ethos!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Mike Clarke" wrote in message
I'm considering replacing the ballast with an electronic one in a 6 ft 70W
fitting but wondering what sort of interconnecting wire to use if the
lengths of the existing wiring isn't sufficient. I appreciate that the
wire needs heat resistant insulation when running beside the magnetic
ballast but would normal PVC singles be OK with an electronic ballast?