Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Soap for power washer

On Saturday, April 27, 2019 at 12:16:21 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:
Now that I have the hose issue figured out, the pw has a tank for soap. I checked amazon and they offer several brands averaging 15 bucks a gallon. Hose is out for delivery, got premium gas, need soap. Doind aluminum siding on house. Is there someting regular people have that can be used ie dawn dishwashing soap? Other? Should i just buy amazon recommendations?

Simplest thing is you don't need anything. And you do know this is a two
step process right? The PWs I've seen, to draw the cleaner, you have it
on low pressure, lot of volume. You spray it on, let it sit awhile, then
power wash it off. But why not try it without anything first? If you
were cleaning to paint, I'd recommend Jomax, you can use that if you like,
but may not need it. Home Depot etc also have a variety of formulations,
including ones that are supposed to be optimized for siding.