Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_91_] Bill[_91_] is offline

Default Soap for power washer

Oren wrote:
On Sat, 27 Apr 2019 09:16:15 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

Now that I have the hose issue figured out, the pw has a tank for soap. I checked amazon and they offer several brands averaging 15 bucks a gallon. Hose is out for delivery, got premium gas, need soap. Doind aluminum siding on house. Is there someting regular people have that can be used ie dawn dishwashing soap? Other? Should i just buy amazon recommendations?

"ZEP Commercial House and Siding Pressure Wash Concentrate is a
concentrated formula that makes up to 20 Gal. per container (dilution
6 oz. per gallon of water (1:20)). This product is specially
formulated for use in pressure wash machines with downstream injectors
(if the machine does not have this capability it may require manual
application).

Or you can just mix it in bucket, then put in the washer (I
believe), bearing in mind whether the washer is doing any diluting.

It aggressively removes dirt and stains caused by algae,
mold, mildew and other sources of soils from vinyl siding, hard coat
stucco, brick, wood and aluminum siding. "

SDS;

https://images.homedepot-static.com/catalog/pdfImages/54/54f7bf91-a7d7-45dd-b487-1b6fc5ddcd81.pdf

The PW owner's manual should state what no to use in the unit.