Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Office Printer Table

On 4/27/2019 8:36 AM, Brewster wrote:
On 4/21/19 12:06 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/20/2019 4:22 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 1:12:35 PM UTC-7,
wrote:
On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 14:55:34 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I showed a link to a drawing of a printer table
that I was going to build.
The links to the finished product.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112.../in/dateposted
The white is GF Antique White Milk paint.Â* GF Cherry gel stain for the
top and shelves.

Didn't you get theÂ* emailÂ* -Â* it'sÂ* aÂ* paperless society nowÂ* !
Â* .. andÂ* I don't see the slot - to feed the paper throughÂ* ...
..Â*Â* otherwiseÂ* .. PrettyÂ* Nice ..
Â*Â*Â* John T.

It has been more than 15 years since I have used a bottom-feed printer
(Okidata dot matrix). This design appears to have been
purpose-designed and built for more modern printers. Only if it was
designed for mass production supporting various obsolete printers
would the lack of a slot matter. It appears to me that the one
customer that matters is satisfied.

There is a paper tray on the bottom of the unit and holds about 100
sheets.Â* There is also a back single feed for envelopes or heavy stock
or photographs.Â* Oddly also a tray to print CD's.

Looks excellent Leon, super functional too 8^)

Thank you Sir!

FWIW this is a relatively new design for Epson, the RT 7700.Â* The ink
tanks fill from much more inexpensive bottles.Â* A full refresh of all 5
tanks cost $60.Â* It came with two sets, 10 bottles of ink.
Bought in early December and used at least weekly and printed about 80
Christmas letters with full art work on those pages.Â* Tanks are
approximately 85% full.Â* My previous Epson cost $120 for a refresh of
new cartridges and would be empty by now.

A while back there was one of those "top ten" lists of most expensive
liquids per gallon. Although I couldn't believe some of it, among the
various scotch and perfume concoctions black printer ink came in at
number 8, blood was at #10. Of course this was followed a few weeks
later by report of a crash involving a semi truck that was hauling
printer ink. I was hoping they would mention the insurance claim numbers...

I think some of the Chemo concoctions for cancer patients rank pretty
high for price per oz. ;~_