Posted to rec.woodworking
Meanie[_2_] Meanie[_2_] is offline

Default DIY T-Track Hold Downs

On 4/27/2019 8:55 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I finally got around to putting some T-Track in my drill press table. I
had some knobs and bolts left over from a T-Track kit that I had bought
previously, so I didn't want to spend money on hold down sets that came
with knobs and bolts.

I found this design on the Lumberjocks site and since I had some aluminum
stock lying around, I made a couple. Quick and easy. The part that took
the longest was letting the Plasti Dip dry between coats.

https://i.imgur.com/s76ggSZ.jpg

The aluminum stock is 1/4" x 1" x ~6"

Next task is to upgrade my fence to work with the T-Track.

The only minor issue I see is drilling through and hitting the table or
the track. Thus, a piece of scrap wood under the project piece would
suffice.

I have a two track set-up with a fence and a square opening through the
table for the bit to pass through the main piece. Works well.