Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stone houses.

On 26/04/2019 21:53, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 26/04/2019 08:36, RJH wrote:

A more recent article written by health professionals ('yours' is
written by an economic geographer):

"Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer among smokers and
the leading cause among non-smokers . . . Lung cancer is the leading
cause of cancer death in the United States (US), and smoking is the
strongest risk factor for the disease [1]. The second greatest risk
factor is exposure to radon, which causes approximately 21,000 cases
of lung cancer per year [2€“8]. High levels of radon exposure in homes
have been associated with lung cancer risk, regardless of the
patients smoking status, according to analyses of pooled data from
multiple studies in China, Europe, and North America" (p.962)

Acree, P., Puckett, M., & Neri, A. (2017). Evaluating Progress in
Radon Control Activities for Lung Cancer Prevention in National
Comprehensive Cancer Control Program Plans, 2011€“2015. Journal of
Community Health, 42(5), 962€“967.
https://doi.org/10.1007/s10900-017-0342-7

Thank you. That does indeed suggest there is a risk.

No. It suggests that there is a perception of risk.

Summary suggests a
couple of thousand cases annually in the USA.

If I lived in a granite area I think I'd follow more of the links!

Andy