Brian m

Default hotpoint range troubleshooting

"jeff" wrote in message
om...
"Brian m" wrote in message

Model#??
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

KS730JT-1 Hotpoint

Checking the element itself is easy, esp with an ohm meter....
http://www.applianceaid.com/elecrange.html#element

Element works fine, what I was wondering since the ERC screwed up last time
when the main element was burned out but off, is how precise the element
resistance has to be? It was one of those Home Depot off the rack elements.
I guess I don't want to jump to the easy solution of replacing the ERC when
it went once before (it seemed) but I fixed it by replacing the main element
and it worked fine for ten years. Get my point? What else would cause the
ERC to screw up?
Thanks.
BM