Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Very strong tape?

On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 12:24:25 +0100, Mike
wrote:

In article ,
says...
snip
Ideas?

Cheers, T i m

Can you set it up as you want it, then drill new holes about 30mm from
the end of the outer and add new bolts, suitably oriented, to stiffen
the end. Perhaps with shims slipped in, either metal shims or those
plastic shims that window fitters use. I expect they aren't very robust,
but they are cheap. They go in 1mm steps.

I'm not sure if it would affect your solution but the idea is that it
would be stored in pieces and put together to suite the particular job
in hand.

I actually put it together today and with only my Mrs 'helping', it
was quite tricky to line up because 1) the bits are quite heavy and
want to go all over the place and 2) the gap between the sections is
only ~1.5 mm or so so unless initially lined up reasonably well they
don't go together.

I know the shims though and I think the 1mm ones are solid plastic and
so shouldn't collapse under the pressure, if I could fix them in
place?

Cheers, T i m