Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson[_4_] Trevor Wilson[_4_] is offline

Default Is there any way to test a STK463 Audio Amp chip?

On 27/04/2019 3:05 am, wrote:
"**The 2230 is old school Marantz. Very nicely laid out, easy to service and TO3 output devices. Should last a very, very long time. The smaller receivers of the time used plastic pack output devices and were significantly less reliable than those (like the 2230) that employed TO3 output devices."

Just don't break the dial string. You said way back you had trouble with cassette decks ? Well I got one trouble and that is dial stringing. I wish there was a guy around I could just pay to do it.

**I broke a few in the early days. Once bitten, twice shy. I haven't
damaged one since. PITA to repair.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au