Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Best combi for small 3bdr house?

Brian Gaff wrote:

Actually to be fair to them, the industry has been peddling very slowly on
carbon capture etc for many years now, its a a bit of a scandal.
I do however have worries about moving the production of co2 away from the
usage point to the power generating sites. If we are unhappy to use Nuclear
and have not made cheap power storage for renewable what is the point?
Brian

Carbon capture doesn't work, nor is it likely to.

The beauty of transferring CO2 production to a central point is that it
can then be used for carbon trading. As I see it, if the ruler of some
benighted (but large) third world country is willing to trade his
citizens' access to electricity for cash in a Swiss bank account we can
'buy' that country's allocation of CO2 production and take our CO2
production off the books. It no longer counts against us! All for
money.

--

Roger Hayter