Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Coffee filter cleaning - Result!

On Friday, 26 April 2019 16:19:11 UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
After serious thinking Harry Bloomfield wrote :
After serious thinking Bertie Doe wrote :
I've been using Urnex Cafiza powder on my coffee makers for about 20 years.
Another brand is Puly Caff. Problem is you only need to soak your filter in
one tsp. dissolved for about 20 mins, so the 900g drum will last a lifetime

Thanks, I have ordered a 900g drum.

The 900g drum arrived yesterday and I tried it yesterday. It made a
reasonable job of cleaning the horrible, sticky gundge from the filter
but still left it stained, though not so nearly as badly stained as
before. It didn't do such a good job of cleaning limescale off, barely
touched it.

citric acid will.