Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Track saw or spindle sander

On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 5:42:48 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 12:53:59 PM UTC-5, Michael wrote:
Let's say hypothetically you had $400 or so in Home Depot gift cards. Would you buy a Dewalt track saw or a Delta spindle sander?

Thanks.

I have a Honda mower too. Paid about $600 two or three years ago. Has the bigger 190cc engine. Self propelled. Not the commercial series. Has the steel deck. Starts on the first or second pull every time. Excellent mower. Only big complaints are it needs a bigger motor. I can easily kill the mower when the grass is tall. And I wish it mowed a wider swath. It would need a bigger engine.

If "it" cut a wider swath and had a bigger motor, it wouldn't be "it" anymore. It would be a totally
different model - the one you should have bought in the first place. ;-)

Problem, sort of, is that I was fixated on a HONDA mower back a few years when I really needed a mower. A friend had one and I had heard they were quality. So it had to be a Honda. But 21" is the widest push mower Honda makes. And their 190cc at the time mower was the biggest engine they offered.. So my choices were kind of limited.

Kind of like if you wanted a 30" wide jointer. I think 20" is the widest you can get. Or a bandsaw bigger than 36". Don't think they make bandsaws bigger than 36". Or a table saw with more than 10 hp three phase. 10 hp is the biggest electric motor you can get on a table saw.