Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_91_] Bill[_91_] is offline

Default Room A/C spitting out chunks of black--dirt??

Marius Josipovic wrote:
On 4/26/19 6:49 AM, Bill wrote:
Bob Slobknob wrote:
On 4/25/19 8:14 PM, Shanmukha wrote:
replying to Brenda, Shanmukha wrote:
I have the same problem with the ac in my living room of the
apt I am renting.
Please suggest how to fix this issue. My community
maintenance guys are so
dumb they dont know why this is happening and they were
suggesting this is
isnt a big problem.

That's the problem with renting because you're at the mercy of
your slumlord.

If you owned the window AC, you could take the unit apart and
clean the coils as needed.

Maybe it's caulk?

Maybe it's decomposing mouse turds?

We'll have to rely on the OP to let us which they more closely
resemble. Good guess. On a cold night, an air duct might be good
place for a mouse to warm up. I didn't think of that..