Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Aladdin Isolator Valve

Now the original thread for this which is on Usenet is however still
viewable on this weird site Home owners club portal.
It might have been better given this is just a portal, to have either
started a new thread or at least quoted some of the old one since most
reading it are not going to go to the web site to read the back story.

My guess is that these devices are pretty crude, Anything that is supposed
to work as a tap on a working main without it being cut runs the risk of
jamming debris in the pipe and all sorts of other nasties in my view.

Sadly one cannot see into your pipe but I bet its jammed with bits of the
cutting or sealing process somehow. Yuk.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Matthew Gould" m wrote
in message ...
replying to GB, Matthew Gould wrote:
I installed two aladdin isolating valve successfully this afternoon coming
off
the mains water pipe. However they have both suddenly stopped working not
allowing water through about 2 hours after both working well? I turned
them
both off to install a new toilet and after being turned off for a few
minutes
i turned them on again to refill the cistern and the flow stopped. The
mains
to the block of flats is still functioning.
Is it possible the slugs are blocking the water flow if indeed the slugs
are
free?
Any thoughts please?
--